McBride, CMH’s largest area, is located in the vast and wild northern Cariboos. Its rugged, steep terrain, huge glaciated plateaus, and mature, well-spaced forests offer a magnificent range of skiing opportunities. Impressive views of the Cariboos’ spiky Premier Range and the Rockies’ monarch, Mount Robson, dominate the area. With the combined features of forests and glaciers, McBride offers a magnificent range of skiing opportunities.
McBride area is noted for its unlimited vertical skiing (there is no charge for exceeding the guaranteed number of vertical metres). With only one private group of up to 10 skiers, McBride offers the mobility and flexibility needed to find the snow and terrain best suited to the group.
Accommodations in McBride are at the North Country Lodge, where CMH leases a private facility. All our rooms and amenities are contained in an enclosed structure exclusive to CMH guests.
- mountain ranges: Cariboos
- notable runs: Apollo, Gaz Me Up, Gonzo
- base elevation: 735m
- skiing elevation: 1100m – 3000m
- skiing terrain: 2104 sq. km – 219 runs
- average snowfall: @ 1800 m: 1400 cm
Accommodation & Facilities
- capacity: 10 guests
- 10 rooms, all with private bath
- bar-lounge area
- dining room
- exercise room with bouldering wall
- whirlpool, steam room and sauna
- ADSL Internet connection,
- 1 guest PC with Ethernet connection,
- Wi-Fi througout the lodge
- mobile device provider (Telus)