Historic significance and modern comforts come together in the Bugaboos. CMH began heli-ski operations there in 1965.
Characterized by mighty granite spires, the Bugaboo Mountains offer immense variety in terrain, with plentiful ski runs both above and below tree line. Despite the draw of these world-renowned mountains, Bugaboo Lodge remains the sole base for skiing among these majestic peaks and glaciers.
Bugaboos is a fly-in lodge, ie. you get transported first by bus from Calgary to the helipad, where the helicopter picks you up for a 10-15min flight to the lodge.
- mountain ranges: Purcells
- notable runs: Cannonbarrell, Kingsbury Pearl, Macarthy
- base elevation: 1490m
- skiing elevation: 945m – 3050m
- skiing terrain: 1017 sq. km – 206 runs
- average snowfall: @ 1800 m: 1200 cm
Accommodation & Facilities
- capacity: 44 guests
- 18 single and 15 double/twin rooms, all with private bath
- bar-lounge area
- dining room
- games room
- exercise equipment
- climbing wall
- rooftop whirlpool and sauna
- satellite internet connection
- 2 guest PCs
- Wi-Fi for laptops & other devices in Business Centre and in common areas